ABQ BioPark Zoo – Train Driver
The New Mexico BioPark Society is seeking part-time train drivers to join our dynamic team. This part-time, seasonal position is located at the ABQ BioPark and requires 15 – 25 hours a week through October 31 but may be extended past the busy season.
The BioPark train driver position is responsible for light daily cleaning, safely operating the train, helping passengers on and off the train with a friendly attitude and smile, and working as a team to make sure the trains are on schedule.
The Rio Line Train transports riders between the Zoo and Botanic Garden / Aquarium. Each way is 30 minutes long.
The Thunderbird Express (Zoo train) requires great public speaking skills (with a fun, positive attitude) to conduct the narrative tour on the 20-minute ride.
The New Mexico BioPark Society, a 501c (3) non-profit organization operates activities at the Zoo (part of the city-owned ABQ BioPark) to raise funds for various projects throughout the facility.
- Must be at least 18 yrs of age
- Have a valid New Mexico Driver’s License and clean driving record
- Pass background check
- Must be able to work independently and with a team
- Have a positive attitude
- Must be able to work weekends and holidays
- Must have excellent public speaking & customer service skills
- Able to lift 50lbs, and stand for 4+ hours a day
- 6 months experience driving large trucks, trailers, or campers
Pay Rate: $10.00 an hour (uniform provided)